Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church logo

History

Exterior

The building is made six of different types of stone. Its extraordinary color (especially when wet) comes from the use of the now rare green serpentine metabasalt from the Falls Road area of Baltimore County, and buff and red sandstone trim. Because neither stone wears well, major repairs and replacements of individual pieces with more stable materials were necessary in 1932 and again in 1978.

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon